| Start | Destination | kms | time | |
| Gloucester | Nepean | 18 | 25 mins | |
| Nepean | Verdun | 225 | 135 mins | |
| Verdun | Vaudreuil | 45 | 120 mins | < OMG!WTF!! |
| Vaudreuil | Gloucester | 150 | 80 mins | |
I agreed to do a friend a favour today - her father had been admitted to hospital over the stormy weekend, in Montréal, and she needed to get there. So we took off shortly after 13:00 with everything.
The drive down was fine. One lane was a little bit snowy in parts, but that's about it.
After I dropped her off, I was rolling again by 15:30. And, holy shit, I will never complain about traffic in Ottawa again. It took me over half an hour to get from Verdun up the autoroute Décarie to autoroute 40. That's a 10 km highway drive. It then took me another goddamned hour and a half to get to Vaudreuil, which seemed to be the magic point where half the cars simply disappeared and the traffic flow changed from complete stops for 5 or 6 minutes, to accelerating right up to 90 km/h. I mean, I commute from Gloucester to Nepean (and vice versa) every day in Ottawa, through downtown, at rush hour, and my travel time rarely even doubles! Hell, I lived in Toronto for a year, and I never had a 45km drive take me 2 hours. At times I was alternating between, eyeing the full-size shoulder wondering what the fine for using it might be, and ready to snap and just bash my way up between two lanes.
If I ever move to Montréal, I must have property near my place of employment.
No comments:
Post a Comment